Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4 2014 Progress

Current Reading

Track 1: HOD as a Core Model by John Steel and Hugh Woodin
Track 2: Large Cardinals from Determinacy by Hugh Woodin
Track 3: Invariant Descriptive Set Theory by Su Gao
Track 4: An Introduction to Core Model Theory by John Steel
Pop Math: Infinitesimal by Amir Alexander

Today seemed like it would be a very unproductive day at first; I wasn't feeling very good and I overslept. With lots of breaks, however, I was able to make progress on all but track 1. I am now done with the introduction to Core Model theory, and will be moving on to the CMIP. Either tomorrow or the next day I will be done with "Large Cardinals from Determinacy", and I will be moving on to "Structural Consequences of AD." My most recent reading in "Infinitesimal" has made me very glad that I am not living in a time where I have to worry about being in the pope's favor. Galileo has now crossed the story a few times, so that's been interesting. I suppose instead of popes I have to worry about being in the favor of the NSF.

No comments:

Post a Comment