Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11 Progress

Track 1: HOD as a Core Model by John Steel and Hugh Woodin
Track 2: Structural Consequences of AD by Stephen Jackson
Track 3: Invariant Descriptive Set Theory by Su Gao
Track 4: The Core Model Iterability Program by John Steel
Pop Math: Infinitesimal by Amir Alexander

Two more weeks until class starts. I hit the first big iterability proof in "The Core Model Iterability Program," so I will be spending a good amount of time on that tomorrow. I think I can be completely done with "HOD as a Core Model" by the time the semester starts, and finished with prelimaries section of "Structural Consequences of AD" as well.

Stray Thoughts:

  • Iteration Tree proofs are complicated. Really complicated, and these are the simple ones. 
  • I was not expecting hypersmooth countable equivalence relations to be hyperfinite, that was cool.
  • I'm a little burnt out on the HOD stuff, but its good to see the more general presentation.
  • I think Amir overstates the importance of this battle over infinitesimals. It is interesting that the Jesuat order was destroyed, but until I look into it further myself, I'm going to assume there was at least one other reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment