Wednesday, February 17, 2016

2/17/2016

More progress on the Mycielski style result today. I have formulated a proof for arbitrary n. I also took a little bit of time to write out an elementary proof of the fact that every comeager set contains a non-smooth set (for completeness). Full Mycielski should be done tomorrow.

We got the schedule for the spring AMS sectional today. I'll be presenting at 5pm on Sunday, the last day of the conference. It is a bit disappointing that much of the audience will probably already be gone (the flight situation is intense), but I feel good being included at all. After all, the other time slots are taken by people who have more experience and have already been vetted. Its a foot in the door, and we all have to start somewhere. Looking through, I think 6 people from UNT are presenting, which is kind of a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment