Tuesday, February 16, 2016

2/16/2016

I think I have finally pushed past the obstacle which has been holding me up for a couple months. We have needed to prove a Mycielski style result for non-smooth sets, and this has involved lots of fine tinkering with the argument in the Glimm-Effros Dichotomy. We have not yet obtained the full result, but I am very confident we now have it for a 3-dimension comeager set. Even better, the argument looks extendable into higher dimensions. All finite dimensions simultaneously will be another wrinkle, but I think nothing will be as hard as this step from 2-dimensions to 3.

In other news, I finally got word back from the college of arts and sciences, and they are going to fund me to go to the AMS sectional meeting in Salt Lake City. This will be my first time presenting at a seminar not being held at UNT. The saying "When it rains, it pours," can also apply to good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment