Friday, July 11, 2014

First Post

Current Reading:

Track 1: HOD in L(R) by John Steel and Hugh Woodin
Track 2: Large Cardinals from Determinacy by Hugh Woodin
Track 3: Invariant Descriptive Set Theory by Su Gao
Track 4: A Theorem of Woodin on Mouse Sets by John Steel
Bonus Track: Model Theory by Chang and Kiesler
Pop Math: Infinitesimal by Amir Alexander

I didn't get too much reading today since I took my girlfriend to have her wisdom teeth removed. I'm currently feeling a little frustrated as I am at the start of a new section in all of my readings. The theorem of Woodin on mouse sets paper should be finished next week, and then I will start reading on the core model induction. "Infinitesimal" has already surprised me: I had no idea that there was important infinitesimal work done before Newton and Liebniz.

The weekend is ahead, and I plan to get a lot of recreational reading done, and maybe make an opinion post. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment