Thursday, July 24, 2014

An Update on Updates

There have been a lack of updates lately. This started because there were a few days where I couldn't get work done because of family drama. Then I was getting work done but was too busy with friends in the evening to post on the blog.

In the meantime I have met with my advisor twice, and we finished reading HOD in L(R). We will be moving on to more current HOD analysis and then start on a research problem. I did ditch the mouse sets paper for now in favor of the introduction to core model theory. At this point its probably a little silly to read it, but I still think I'm better off with it under my belt before I read CMIP. I finished the section in Chang and Keisler on non-standard analysis. I would reccomend it, as the exposition of the material on superstructures there is better than I've seen it presented elsewhere. I have plans to read "Non-standard Anaysis for the Working Mathematician" in the fall. Anyways there should be more posts coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment