Monday, July 18, 2016

7/18/2016

Over the weekend, I started working on the introduction to my dissertation, and built the first draft of my cv. I've read through the first chapters of "Introduction to Cardinal Arithmetic" now in preparation for the summer school in set theory, which starts next week. I also begin reading Magidor's cardinal arithmetic chapter in the handbook today.

I believe we are really quite close to cracking the Harrington-Shelah paper. One more definition needs to be sorted out, and then the rest of details, while non-trivial, should be able to be filled in. It's frustrating that the original write-up is so incomplete, particularly since we need to generalize out from it. I still agree with Jackson that re-writing the arguments in terms of infinity Borel codes and admissable ordinals is the right approach, but the translation is not quite straightforward. It would be great if there was a source on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment