Wednesday, May 11, 2016

5/11/2016

Day 0 of the CUNY graduate students in set theory conference.

I flew in super early on stand by, so I pretty much had the whole day to myself in NYC. The traffic is comical. If it were shown in a scene in a movie I would say its unrealistically cliched. So much honking. I ended up getting a good amount of work done. I still have a bit a to write up to finish out these frustrating finite combinations, but I think I have the right way of looking at the combos of length 3 now. On a whim I decided to try and visit the MOMA, but it was basically closing. I should have planned that out a bit better. Last but not least I put come finishing touches on my presentation for tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous, but less so than I was for the AMS sectional meeting.

I have some general thoughts about size structure and the axiom of choice floating around in my head right now. I will probably turn them into a post when I have some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment